Your Ad Here

Live Criket Scores And Rankings

ODD or EVEN

GPA Calculator




Enter Registration Number:


GPA is



Application Developer: Nishant Gupta

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I never played politics in my career, says Ganguly



Kolkata: Asserting that he never played politics as a cricketer, Sourav Ganguly Saturday regretted that he was probably the only Indian captain to have been dropped after winning a series.

"I never did politics. I wouldn't have been here if I had done politics," Ganguly told students of the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) during an interaction here.

Ganguly should have followed Kumble

Referring to his famous comeback into the Indian team in the South Africa tour late 2006, Ganguly said: "It's just that I wanted to play. I was 32 then when I was left out. I was probably the only captain who was left out after a series win."

Recalling his feelings when he out of the team, he said: "I felt depressed, sad at times."

"I felt I was good enough. As good a player as anybody else in the team. Of course some were slightly better."

Asked how he succeeded in making his great comeback when lot of others had gone into the wilderness after being given the boot, Ganguly replied: "Difference was I had a past record which was good, that helps. Whenever you are in the team you have to deliver. I played well (when I returned to the team). India won. I got accepted quickly."

He urged the students to be transparent as a leader. "With my practical experiences I say whatever you do you would not be at the top all the time. So when you are at the top be transparent. The rule is the same for all, be it in politics or sports.''

Why did they have to insult Dada again?

"As the leader you must tell the truth. They might not like it, but it's important to be clear with your colleagues."

Ganguly said it was important to have faith in one's own abilities in difficult times. "It's a thing in life which all of you will go through. The higher you go, the more you go through. It is important to have faith in yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment